- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes, washed
- 6 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-2 Tbsp. Mezzetta Hot Chili Pepper Everything Spread (depends on how hot you like it)
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6 oz. fontina cheese, shredded
- 2 oz. pancetta or bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
Heat oven to 375°F.
Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake 30-40 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife. Set aside to cool enough to handle.
Once cooled, cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop the flesh into a large bowl leaving a ¼-inch shell. Place the shells on a baking sheet cut side up.
Add the cream cheese and Hot Chili Pepper Everything Spread, to the sweet potato in the bowl, and mash until smooth. Add the green onions and salt, mix well.
Spoon the mixture back into the shells and top with the fontina and crumbled pancetta or bacon.
Place in the oven and bake until the cheese is slightly browned and melted 10-15 minutes and serve.
The potatoes can be stuffed the day before and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake and serve.