- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 box cous cous, cooked to package instructions
- ½ pound Italian sausage, crumbled and cooked
- ½ jar Mezzetta Sun-ripened Dried Tomatoes, rough chopped
- ½ jar Mezzetta Roasted Bell Peppers, drained and rough chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Optional: balsamic glaze to drizzle
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Season squash with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Lay on a sheet pan, open side facedown and bake about 20 minutes or until squash is fork tender and edges are nicely golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
To prepare the filling, combine the cous cous, sausage, sun-ripened tomatoes, roasted peppers and stir together. Place a generous amount of the mixture into each squash, lightly pressing the filling in. Sprinkle with pine nuts, and finish with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic glaze. Serve hot.