- 1-pound steak, we used ribeye
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced and placed into ice water
- 8 spring onions or green onions
- 4 cups Spring mix salad greens
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Jalapeno Peppers, Tamed or Hot, reserve some brine
- ½ cup pepitas
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Oil for frying
- Salad dressing:
- 1 cup Mezzetta Whole Roasted Red Peppers
- ¼ cup Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Mezzetta Jalapeno Pepper brine
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Preheat grill on high heat.
In a blender, add the roasted red peppers, olive oil, garlic, and paprika. Blend thoroughly and slowly drizzle in a few tablespoons of jalapeno brine until the desired consistency is achieved. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
In a small frying pan, add a thin layer of oil to the bottom and heat over medium high heat. Once hot, add the pepitas and stir often, until nice and golden, about 3 minutes, remove from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with salt and chili powder and toss to coat. Set aside.
Pat the steak dry with paper towels and season liberally with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Grill each side of the steak for about 5 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness. Remove steak and let rest for 7 minutes before thinly slicing. While steak grills, drizzle spring onions with some olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and grill for about 4 minutes, turning frequently.
Plate the salad- divide the salad greens onto 2 plates, add sliced steak and avocado, grilled onions, radishes, pepitas and sliced jalapeno peppers. Drizzle with salad dressing and serve.