- 1 baguette cut in ½” slices
- ½ c. + 1 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 8 oz. mixed mushrooms
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 wedge of brie, thin sliced (or when room temp, you can spread cheese)
- 1/2 jar Mezzetta® Kalamata Sandwich Spread
- Garnish with chopped parsley or chives
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Brush olive oil on top and bottom sides of bread slices and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees until crostini’s are golden and crisp, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and add brie slices and place back in to melt the cheese for 3-5 minutes.
In a medium sauté pan on medium high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and sauté until done, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon some kalamata spread on the warmed brie and add sautéed mushrooms on top. Garnish with chopped parsley or chives.
*Crostini’s are also great with a garlic herb cheese instead of brie. Substitute any of your favorite Mezzetta Sandwich Spreads for this appetizer recipe.