- 1 French baguette, sliced into ½” slices
- 1-2 ears of corn on the cob, can use 1-1/2 c. frozen if not in season
- ¼ sm red onion, fine diced
- ¼ bunch cilantro, fine chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ c plus 1-2 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz. Asadero or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 c. Mezzetta® Hot Fire-Roasted Green Chili Peppers
- Garnish with cilantro leaf
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Brush both sides of the sliced baguette with olive oil and place onto a sheet pan. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until crostini’s are golden and crisp. Turn oven up to broil after done.
Meanwhile, if using corn on the cob, cook corn until tender. This can be done by placing corn in simmering water and cooking for approx. 10 minutes, or placed the cleaned and rinsed ear of corn in saran wrap and wrap tightly and cook in the microwave for 3-5 minutes until tender. After cooking, char corn over open flame or on grill and cut off the cob. If using frozen corn, heat nonstick skillet on high heat and dry roast corn by adding thawed kernals to hot skillet until brown, about 3-5 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix the corn, red onion, cilantro, lime, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
Place a slice of cheese on each crostini and place under broiler until cheese is bubbly and melted.
Remove from oven and top each crostini with some corn salsa and green chili peppers. Garnish with a cilantro leaf. Serve this appetizer warm.