- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 6 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 tsp. Mezzetta® Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 c. dried apricots, sliced
- 2/3 c. Mezzetta® Sun Ripened Dried Tomatoes, drained
- 2/3 c. dry white wine
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 loaf herbed focaccia bread
- 6 oz. roasted turkey, deli-sliced
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Extra Virgin Italian Olive Oil
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, sauté the onions, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, brown sugar and salt for 20 minutes, or until caramelized. Add the crushed garlic, apricots, sundried tomatoes, white wine, and fennel seeds and sauté for an additional 10 minutes.
While the above mixture sautés, preheat the Panini press, slice the focaccia bread into 4 pieces and cut in half to create a top and bottom. Layer the turkey and provolone on the bread. Evenly divide the apricot mixture between the four sandwiches. Brush the tops of the focaccia bread with olive oil and press the sandwiches in the Panini press for 4-5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted, and serve.