- 2- 6-ounce salmon fillets
- ½ cup white rice
- ¼ red onion, small diced
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, zested, and cut in half
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapenos, drained and rough chopped
- 1 cup Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Roasted Red Bell Peppers, drained, squeezed with paper towel and rough chopped
- Drizzle of Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prepare the ingredients:
Wash and dry the fresh produce. Peel the onion and small dice. Peel, pit and dice the mango. Chop the cilantro leaves. Zest the lime using a zester or by peeling the lime and finely chopping the zest, then cut the lime in half. Peel, pit and dice the avocado. Squeeze half of the lime juice over the avocado. Chop 1 cup of jalapenos. Squeeze 1 cup of roasted red peppers dry with a paper towel and chop.
Cook the rice:
In a small pot, combine the rice, water and a big pinch of salt. Heat to boiling on high heat. Once boiling, cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Simmer 12 to 14 minutes or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Add the lime zest to the rice and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside in a warm place.
Make the salsa:
In a medium bowl, combine the onion, mango, cilantro, lime juice, avocado and peppers. Drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil and gently stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Cook the salmon and serve your dish:
Pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper on both sides. In a medium-sized pan (nonstick preferred), heat one tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the salmon to the pan and cook three minutes per side or until slightly browned and cooked to your desired doneness.
Serve your dish:
Divide the rice and cooked salmon between 2 dishes. Top with salsa and enjoy!